Big City Problems For a Small Rural Place
They’re not saying much except for giving out only the bare bones of basic information.
But this is what Trinity County Sheriff Bruce Haney and the Trinity County Narcotics Task Force did say yesterday:
Marijuana raids in Trinity County this week resulted in 14 arrests.
- Trinity County Sheriff’s Office (TCSO)
- North State Marijuana Investigative Team (NSMIT)
- Redding Office of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Over the course of the two-day investigation, officers arrested 14 people. They were arrested on the various charges listed below:
- 11358 H&S - Cultivation of Marijuana
- 11359 H&S - Possession of Marijuana for sales
- 11377 H&S - Possession of a controlled substance
- 273a(A) PC - Child Endangerment.
- 29800(a) PC - Felon in possession of a firearm.
- 30305(a)(3) PC – Felon in possession of ammunition.
- 406 growing marijuana plants
- Over 150 Ibs of processed marijuana
- Two firearms
- A honey hash oil lab
- And $180,000 of U.S. Currency
Due to ongoing investigations locations and names of the subjects arrested will be withheld.
Updates on this story will be posted if we receive them, the TCSO said.
* * * * * * * * *
For a county having only 13,000 folks and no traffic lights or incorporated cities in 3,000 square miles of rugged wilderness, Trinity certainly is experiencing its share of busts and problems and seizures and shootings.
And like Humboldt, the Feds have made their presence there known in a big way.
Where there’s smoke, there’s more fire to be found. Just another day in the Wild West– and folks hoping to make a fortune by striking it rich.
(Posted by Skippy Massey)