Community and Classes Come Together This Month
We have January happenings at Jefferson School Community Center!
While operating on only small grants, community
donations, volunteer service and organizational
partnerships, the Westside Community Improvement
Association (WCIA) is proud to announce the following
opportunities at Jefferson in January:
Our Youth Cooking Class is on Friday, January 4, 2013 from 11 am–2 pm. Youth from 7-13 are welcome. Please contact Hannah Cory for more information (hcory at umich dot edu).
The NorCaliente Dance Fitness is on Wednesday nights beginning January 16 at 6 pm.
Please contact Adeen McBurney for more information (adoona at gmail dot com).
Parent Voices Parenting Support Group meets January 18 at 5:30 pm.
Please contact Brandy Asher for more information (BAsher at changingtidesfs dot org).
Senior Action Coalition meets Wednesday, January 16, at 11:30 am–2 pm.
Please contact Yvonne Doble for more information (doble at a1aa dot org).
We’re having our Martin Luther King Day Community Clean-Up Day on January 21 from 10 am–2 pm.
Please come out and help and join in on the activities! Please contact Heidi for more information at: lets.buy.jefferson at gmail dot com.
- Timothy and Alexander Salvos fund for youth
- Piersons Building Center
- OBD Plumbing
- TI Smith Electric
- …And generous donations from (Y)OUR community!
- PG&E and Kaboom for the playground
- Darrell at OBD Plumbing for our building maintenance, security as well as plumbing
- Pierson’s Building Center for donations and great pricing
- Eureka Natural Foods – for the AWESOME opportunities to provide healthy nutritious organic locally produced produce at all WCIA community events
- Vellutini Baking Company
- Bien Padre
- New Moon Cafe for help with food for our events.